UPDATE, April 13th, 2021.
For the next few months, when the evenings are thankfully long and bright, we won’t have a quiz every Saturday night. However, we may hold occasional quizzes in conjunction with co-promoting clubs and will promote those when we do.
Meanwhile, our weekly to-your-inbox quiz might interest you, see HERE
We’ve got a Virtual Table Quiz every Saturday night – open to all. Time is 8pm until end of March; 8.30pm for the weeks after that. Always double check your time.
Saturday, April 10, 8.30pm: Promoting club, Corinthians RFC, Galway. Register HERE
Saturday, April 3, 8.30pm: Quiz cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances
Saturday, March 27, 8pm: Promoting club, Con Magees GAC, Glenravel, Co. Antrim. Report shortly.
Saturday, March 20: Report HERE
Saturday, March 13: Report HERE
Saturday, March 6: Louisburgh Take 2. REPORT
Saturday, Feb. 27: Table Quiz and a Bitta Craic with Louisburgh GAA
Saturday, Feb. 20: No prizes, no entry fee – an introductory warmer-upper for the season: HERE
Does our club wish to co-promote an upcoming Saturday night quiz in The Horan Stand? Learn more
- The format is the same every week
- Start time 8o’c
- 75 general knowledge questions – various types, including visual and audio. No sneaky uber-local questions – non-locals heartily welcome. The world’s a village these days anyway.
- Teams of 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 people
- All participants in the team complete the quiz on their own device (ideally desktop or tablet). To get the team’s score we simply divide by the number of players on the team. If you wish, read why we adopted this approach HERE
- Time limits in place for each question – to curb Google’s influence…
- Team members can be all in the same location (as long as HSE guidelines permit that), or they can be in 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 separate locations. Either way, you all log in and meet up in our virtual private room where you can collaborate – provided all members of the team have good enough broadband and device
- If you’re fairly techie, you may like to have two devices, but this is not essential – check HERE
- Entry fee: Up until now, this has been €25 per team – HERE is why we are proposing changing it to €40, with one caveat: single device/member teams can still enter for €25. This is a work in progress, feedback welcome.
- Duration – circa 90 minutes – but you can also hang around afterwards for a chat with your team-mates or members of other teams.