Update, June 23, 2020:
In light of the (exceedingly welcome) return to play protocols announced by the Irish Government last week, we are pressing pause on our weekly Table Quiz series. The next few weeks are about sports teams getting out to play – there will be time later on for fundraising Table Quizzes. And we will be here, ready to roll, when that time comes.
Below is the plan – all on ice for now, but we shall activate later this summer
Our plan is to hold a weekly virtual Table Quiz at 9pm.
The format is the same every week:
- Start time 9pm
- 99 questions – various types, including visual and audio.
- Teams of 1, 2, 3 or 4 people
- All participants in the team complete the quiz on their own device (phone, laptop, desktop, tablet). To get the team’s score we simply divide by the number of players on the team. If you wish, read why we adopted this approach HERE
- Time limits in place for each question – to curb Google’s influence…
- Teams can consist of 1, 2, 3 or 5 people. They can be all in the same location (as long as HSE guidelines permit that), or they can be in 2, 3 or 4 separate locations. Either way, you all log in and meet up in our virtual private room where you can collaborate – provided all members of the team have good enough broadband and device
- Questions suitable for people throughout Ireland – no sneaky uber-local questions
- We tie up with a promoting club or charity each week – they will use it as a fund-raiser. Learn more HERE
- You may need two devices – check HERE
- If you’re worried about your broadband, device, microphone or camera, you can run some tests HERE now
- Entry fee: €40 per team
- Weekly prizes announced each Thursday
- Duration – circa one hour
Calendar of Saturdays: